Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 627 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:45 PM Last edited by carolina_xoxo : 15th Feb 2018 at 10:11 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Object Error: Invalid Constant
Before anything else, I have checked with the FAQ (Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Content) and no, it didn't help. I downloaded a bunch of custom content and suddenly none of my lots will load, residential or community. Yes, it worked perfectly before and yes, the game works when I remove the Downloads folder. I've also checked my CC with Mootilda's sims2pack Clean Installer and deleted anything that I found suspicious, but it still resulted in this error. I cannot identify what is causing it. Thanks.

I will attach the horrendously long error log here.

EDIT: OKAY so I solved everything lol, I finally found the culprit CC, removed it and all works fine now. [face palm]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:45 PM
(Sorry for double post) I think I posted in the wrong category, please move it to the right one if so.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:51 PM
Is that regular, unmodified Strangetown? Because if it is, it's FUBAR. This happens with the premade neighborhoods because EAxis coded it very poorly. How FUBAR is yet to be seen, but do know one day this neighborhood will give out I used Strangetown as a test neighborhood, and within a few sim days I was seeing other SIMS in in inventories, memories as well, etc. In short, these errors are kind of to be expected.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DameMika
Is that regular, unmodified Strangetown? Because if it is, it's FUBAR. This happens with the premade neighborhoods because EAxis coded it very poorly. How FUBAR is yet to be seen, but do know one day this neighborhood will give out I used Strangetown as a test neighborhood, and within a few sim days I was seeing other SIMS in in inventories, memories as well, etc. In short, these errors are kind of to be expected.

Yes, it is the unmodified Strangetown. I've been playing it for a while with no problems, it started giving me s**t after I downloaded some CC today. Also, what does FUBAR stand for?
Link Ninja
#5 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:23 PM
A nicer way of saying F***ked Up Beyond All Recognition.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 10:25 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...ang_terms#FUBAR

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 7:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_xoxo
EDIT: OKAY so I solved everything lol, I finally found the culprit CC, removed it and all works fine now. [face palm]

I'm glad you were able to get your game working again.

What CC was causing the problem? Other gamers might like to avoid it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
I'm glad you were able to get your game working again.

What CC was causing the problem? Other gamers might like to avoid it.

I'm pretty sure the problem stemmed from me accidentally installing two default terrain replacements (in my defense, I bulk downloaded a lot of s**t that day), because once I removed them both everything went fine. I'd love to say which ones they were but I forgot as they're long gone from the recycle bin lol
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#9 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:18 PM
Anytime you know it's something in your download folder but have no clue what, it's time for the 50/50 search. Its tedious but most of us have done 1,2 or 3 of those over the past 16 years.

Glad to hear you have it working again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_xoxo
I'm pretty sure the problem stemmed from me accidentally installing two default terrain replacements (in my defense, I bulk downloaded a lot of s**t that day), because once I removed them both everything went fine. I'd love to say which ones they were but I forgot as they're long gone from the recycle bin lol

I know the feeling - done the mega-batch-download thing way too often myself.

Having two replacements for the same thing at once can cause all kinds of weird symptoms. I'm glad you got it sorted out.